McAfee Error 1920
While installing McAfee virusScan Enterprise 8.7i, users have failed to start a mcafee in the "Error 1920" error. This is a type of error that happens in the registry section of the device at the wrong location for the Mcafee background service, which Mcafee antivirus support team experts have discovered.
This issue has also been improved by McAfee working with later versions of Virus Scan Enterprise. Until users are able to update the software, they can fix this error by displaying the exact location of the Mcafee background service by simple modification of the Windows registry process.
You may see some different error messages with error code 1920 on your PC, which are:
1.Error 1920 service McAfee Framework failed to start to verify that you have.
2.McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8m install error 1920.
3.The error 1923 service McAfee task manager could not be installed.
4.Error 1920 service McAfee task manager failed to start.
5.Error 1920 McAfee framework service failed to start.
All messages above may appear during the installation process of McAfee. If McAfee validity trust security service has been disabled, then install error 1920 may occur. If the given method does not work, you can try to fix the McAfee error 1920 for further help, you can contact McAfee Support for further help.
Causes of Error 1920
1.Malicious download or incomplete installation of McAfee antivirus software. Replace corruption in the Windows registry (installed or uninstalled) from recent McAfee antivirus-related software.
2.Windows system files or McAfee antivirus-related program files have been corrupted due to virus or malware transit.
3.Other programs deleted McAfee antivirus-related files maliciously or by mistake.
4.Runtime errors such as "Error 1920" can be caused by various reasons, so we need to troubleshoot it to prevent the re-occurence of every possible cause.
Steps to easily fix McAfee Antivirus Error 1920
There are a number of different methods available for you to overcome the McAfee Activation Errors 1920. In the following steps, you can easily help in troubleshooting the McAfee activation error 1920. Just follow them carefully and get rid of them permanently.
Method 1 – Install and run McAfee Virtual Technician Tool.
1. First, visit McAfee.com/Activate and search for Troubleshoot and Repair option.
2. Click on “Download” button to start the downloading setup.
3. Once the downloading is complete run the setup by double clicking on the file “mvt.exe” in your downloads folder in PC.
4. Now, click “Yes” to allow the program to make changes in your system.
5. Then, follow the on screen instructions.
6. Scanning will start automatically once the installation is complete.
7. Now, click on “OK” button.
8. Click on “Autofix” and follow the instructions given on screen.
9. If MVT does not found any problems then restart your PC and try again to install the updates.
10. If your problem has not been resolved by MVT then kindly visit McAfee.com/Activate for further help or support.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee
In order to uninstall McAfee from your computer, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Click on the ‘Start’ and then open “Control Panel” in your PC.
2. After opening “Control Panel” select the view to be ‘Category View’.
3. Now, select McAfee program under the ‘Program’ menu to uninstall the program.
4. Right click on the McAfee software and then click on ‘Uninstall’.
5. After that, click on ‘Yes’ when the confirmation box prompted on your screen.
6. Restart your computer after the uninstallation of McAfee is finished.
Once your system has completely uninstalled the McAfee product then try reinstalling it. For this close all the other running applications . Also check for your system updates.
Now follow the given instructions to reinstall the McAfee product:
1. Open your internet web browser and navigate for McAfee.com/Activate.
2. Now, Log in to your McAfee account using your login credentials.
3. Then, select and download the latest version of the McAfee software.
4. Once the downloading is completed, go to the download folder and double click on the downloaded icon to run the installation.
5.Process for the on screen instructions to complete the installation.
6. Once the setup has completed installing the McAfee software, open the software and choose your language and country.
7. Finally, enter the ‘Activation Code’ to successfully activate the McAfee Antivirus.
If you are still unable to fix the issue even after following the mentioned solutions then just visit McAfee.com/Activate for further assistance and support.